Friday, August 30, 2013

Video of Hummingbird Babies Being Fed/Intense Summer Season Following Extended Winter Season

Dear Friends,

It has been a while since I updated "Taking Flight".  I apologize to our readers. The past months have been extremely busy, in large part due to wildlife problems created by our odd weather pattern.   I defaulted posting patients news and updates to the Raptor Education Group, Inc. (REGI) Facebook page.   The Facebook page can be updated quickly, whereas the blog format is in constant flux. 

I have received many note and emails urging me to begin the blog again and now that I can catch my breath a little, I will just that. 

We have had more patients this year than ever in our history.  Our patients are always fascinating and incredible and this year is no exception...there are just more of them.   Some of the patients we have some great video on.  I will begin the renewed effort on the blog with one of the more requested video. It is of a nest of tiny Ruby-throated Hummingbirds that were rescued after a storm brought down a tree limb that held their nest. The chicks have been reared and the oldest was released on 8-22-13.   She is doing well and has integrated successfully into the wild group of hummingbirds as they prepare to migrate south.  We have released 2 other hummingbirds this summer as well.



Enjoy and I will be update again soon.

Have a great day everyone,
Marge Gibson


No comments:

Post a Comment